This project is read-only.

SendCommand in Event Monitor

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:03 AM
It would be nice to be able of sending a command to SolidEdge application within the Event monitor. It should be in form of a "Reply Command" as contextual menu, or in the top toolbar using a textbox after the clear button, with a "sendcommand" button afterward.
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not 100% clear on what you're asking for when you say "Reply Command" and "sendcommand". I'm going to attempt to repeat what I heard you say in my own words to make sure that I understand.

Offer the option to execute application.StartCommand(). Depending on the current Solid Edge environment, the appropriate [Environment]CommandConstants will be used to build a context menu.

The current environment command constant mappings are:

CATID_SEAssembly = AssemblyCommandConstants
CATID_SEDMAssembly = AssemblyCommandConstants
CATID_SECuttingPlaneLine = CuttingPlaneLineCommandConstants
CATID_SEDraft = DetailCommandConstants
CATID_SEDrawingViewEdit = DrawingViewEditCommandConstants
CATID_SEExplode = ExplodeCommandConstants
CATID_SELayout = LayoutCommandConstants
CATID_SESketch = LayoutInPartCommandConstants
CATID_SEMotion = MotionCommandConstants
CATID_SEPart = PartCommandConstants
CATID_SEDMPart = PartCommandConstants
CATID_SEProfile = ProfileCommandConstants
CATID_SEProfileHole = ProfileHoleCommandConstants
CATID_SEProfilePattern = ProfilePatternCommandConstants
CATID_SEProfileRevolved = ProfileRevolvedCommandConstants
CATID_SESheetMetal = SheetMetalCommandConstants
CATID_SEDMSheetMetal = SheetMetalCommandConstants
CATID_SESimplify = SimplifyCommandConstants
CATID_SEStudio = StudioCommandConstants
CATID_SEXpresRoute = TubingCommandConstants
CATID_SEWeldment = WeldmentCommandConstants

My apologies if I've misunderstood your request. Once I understand what you're wanting, I'll add it to the enhancement list.
Feb 11, 2014 at 5:13 PM
My request was not so elaborate. Your idea of browsing constants is nice too. I rely heavily on SendCommand() for some sort of operations that you cannot do otherwise. Sometime i need to quickly "try" them on-the-fly just to understand if the behaviour is the expected. So, i was asking not only to keep track of commands received, but also be able to "send" them back to cad, in form of numeric expression, or just resending back the command using RMB over a previously recorded one. I see your Spy is going forward toward perfection quality ;o)) My real enhancement request, is to build a "Invoke manager" for collecting parameters and execute API, not only change properties... this would be really a killer feature! I know it can be pretty hard indeed. Paolo Marani Il 11/02/2014 18:04, jnewell ha scritto: > > From: jnewell > > Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not 100% clear on what you're asking > for when you say "Reply Command" and "sendcommand". I'm going to > attempt to repeat what I heard you say in my own words to make sure > that I understand. > > Offer the option to execute application.StartCommand(). Depending on > the current Solid Edge environment, the appropriate > [Environment]CommandConstants will be used to build a context menu. > > The current environment command constant mappings are: > > CATID_SEAssembly = AssemblyCommandConstants > CATID_SEDMAssembly = AssemblyCommandConstants > CATID_SECuttingPlaneLine = CuttingPlaneLineCommandConstants > CATID_SEDraft = DetailCommandConstants > CATID_SEDrawingViewEdit = DrawingViewEditCommandConstants > CATID_SEExplode = ExplodeCommandConstants > CATID_SELayout = LayoutCommandConstants > CATID_SESketch = LayoutInPartCommandConstants > CATID_SEMotion = MotionCommandConstants > CATID_SEPart = PartCommandConstants > CATID_SEDMPart = PartCommandConstants > CATID_SEProfile = ProfileCommandConstants > CATID_SEProfileHole = ProfileHoleCommandConstants > CATID_SEProfilePattern = ProfilePatternCommandConstants > CATID_SEProfileRevolved = ProfileRevolvedCommandConstants > CATID_SESheetMetal = SheetMetalCommandConstants > CATID_SEDMSheetMetal = SheetMetalCommandConstants > CATID_SESimplify = SimplifyCommandConstants > CATID_SEStudio = StudioCommandConstants > CATID_SEXpresRoute = TubingCommandConstants > CATID_SEWeldment = WeldmentCommandConstants > > My apologies if I've misunderstood your request. Once I understand > what you're wanting, I'll add it to the enhancement list. > > Read the full discussion online > . > > To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email > ([email removed] > ) > > To start a new discussion for this project, email > [email removed] > > > You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion > on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe > on > CodePlex.com. > > Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any > posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com > -- Paolo Marani Lead Software Developer *Sede Operativa* *Sede Legale* Via Dismano 773, CAP 48125, Ravenna (RA) Italy Tel (+39) 0544 554949 Web www.ruledesigner.com Via Sant'Orsola 51/1, CAP 47521, Cesena (FC) Italy Tel (+39) 0547 630842 Web www.ruledesigner.com ENGINEERING PLM Solutions srl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Il contenuto del presente messaggio e-mail, inclusi eventuali allegati, è riservato esclusivamente alle persone indicate fra i destinatari. Qualora aveste ricevuto questo documento per errore, ci scusiamo per l'accaduto e Vi invitiamo ad eliminarlo in modo definitivo dal vostro sistema. Vi ricordiamo che la diffusione, l'utilizzo e/o la conservazione dei dati ricevuti per errore costituiscono violazioni alle disposizioni del D.lgs. n.196/2003 - "Codice in materia di protezione dei dati personali". Grazie. This message and its attachments (if any) may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and it is intended only for the use of the addressee named above. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not use, disseminate, copy it in any form or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please, delete it (and any copies of it). Thank you. My request was not so elaborate. Your idea of browsing constants is nice too.

I rely heavily on SendCommand() for some sort of operations that you cannot do otherwise.
Sometime i need to quickly "try" them on-the-fly just to understand if the behaviour is the expected.
So, i was asking not only to keep track of commands received, but also be able to "send" them back to cad,
in form of numeric expression, or just resending back the command using RMB over a previously recorded one.

I see your Spy is going forward toward perfection quality ;o))

My real enhancement request, is to build a "Invoke manager" for collecting parameters and execute API, not
only change properties... this would be really a killer feature! I know it can be pretty hard indeed.

Paolo Marani

Il 11/02/2014 18:04, jnewell ha scritto:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not 100% clear on what you're asking for when you say "Reply Command" and "sendcommand". I'm going to attempt to repeat what I heard you say in my own words to make sure that I understand.

Offer the option to execute application.StartCommand(). Depending on the current Solid Edge environment, the appropriate [Environment]CommandConstants will be used to build a context menu.

The current environment command constant mappings are:

CATID_SEAssembly = AssemblyCommandConstants
CATID_SEDMAssembly = AssemblyCommandConstants
CATID_SECuttingPlaneLine = CuttingPlaneLineCommandConstants
CATID_SEDraft = DetailCommandConstants
CATID_SEDrawingViewEdit = DrawingViewEditCommandConstants
CATID_SEExplode = ExplodeCommandConstants
CATID_SELayout = LayoutCommandConstants
CATID_SESketch = LayoutInPartCommandConstants
CATID_SEMotion = MotionCommandConstants
CATID_SEPart = PartCommandConstants
CATID_SEDMPart = PartCommandConstants
CATID_SEProfile = ProfileCommandConstants
CATID_SEProfileHole = ProfileHoleCommandConstants
CATID_SEProfilePattern = ProfilePatternCommandConstants
CATID_SEProfileRevolved = ProfileRevolvedCommandConstants
CATID_SESheetMetal = SheetMetalCommandConstants
CATID_SEDMSheetMetal = SheetMetalCommandConstants
CATID_SESimplify = SimplifyCommandConstants
CATID_SEStudio = StudioCommandConstants
CATID_SEXpresRoute = TubingCommandConstants
CATID_SEWeldment = WeldmentCommandConstants

My apologies if I've misunderstood your request. Once I understand what you're wanting, I'll add it to the enhancement list.

--
<!-- -->
Paolo Marani
Lead Software Developer
338 7280586 Mobile

Sede Operativa
Sede Legale
Via
Dismano 773, CAP 48125, Ravenna (RA) Italy
Tel
(+39) 0544 554949
Web
www.ruledesigner.com

Via
Sant'Orsola 51/1, CAP 47521, Cesena (FC) Italy
Tel
(+39) 0547 630842
Web
www.ruledesigner.com
ENGINEERING PLM Solutions srl

Il contenuto del presente messaggio e-mail, inclusi eventuali allegati, è riservato esclusivamente alle persone indicate fra i destinatari. Qualora aveste ricevuto questo documento per errore, ci scusiamo per l'accaduto e Vi invitiamo ad eliminarlo in modo definitivo dal vostro sistema. Vi ricordiamo che la diffusione, l'utilizzo e/o la conservazione dei dati ricevuti per errore costituiscono violazioni alle disposizioni del D.lgs. n.196/2003 - "Codice in materia di protezione dei dati personali". Grazie.
This message and its attachments (if any) may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and it is intended only for the use of the addressee named above. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not use, disseminate, copy it in any form or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please, delete it (and any copies of it). Thank you.
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Paolo,

Just an FYI, I just completed coding this feature so it will be in the next release. I'm rounding up a few other requests first then some testing. Once released, you will get notified automatically the next time you launch Spy.

Thanks,

Jason